Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: CZDE ?
Date: Jun 18, 2004 @ 19:19
Author: Jesper Nielsen ("Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@...>)

Or here:
http://www.e-dovolena.cz/clanky/200310_tiptrojmezi.html

Possible CEBT destination.

Jesper
----- Original Message -----
From: aletheiak
To: BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, June 18, 2004 8:50 PM
Subject: [BoundaryPoint] Re: CZDE ?

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
<jesniel@i...> wrote:
> CZDE was before the fall of communism two borders: a
CZ-EDE and a CZ-WDE.

> And pre-WW2 there were no borders there, right?

it looks like they were there then too
by & large
& it seems the changes made during ww2 didnt outlive the war
& that the postwar czde border is a restoration of the prewar one
http://www.zum.de/whklma/histatlas/germany/haxczech.html
http://sudetengermans.freeyellow.com/historical.html

> So I asume they were demarcated individually and according
to their own system.

of course czede & czwde must have been maintained & updated
differently from each other during the cold war
but because demarcation tends to be conservative
i would expect preww2 czde markers could still be found today
along both the former east & former west sectors

> But what happened at the reunification? Did they keep two
systems, and two types of demarcation?

surely czde must have returned to being all one overall system
but again
since old markers are rarely jerked if they still work
i would expect cold war era markers could also be found today in
both of their respective sectors

> Jesper

your questions also spark an interest in the cold war tripoint
czedewde
which i am not sure has been mentioned here previously

from other maps
it seems this ghost point falls at the foot of a modern czde sector
that runs along the lesser river regnitz
to or from the tip of a czech parrots beak
above the german town of regnitzlosau
& near czech villages named not only hranice but trojmezi also

& the point is likely marked today on both banks

i dont think this is it
http://www.cmail.cz/muhranice/okoli.htm
since i would expect the place would still have iron curtain trash
& this looks too pristine
but it looks vaguely familiar as well as vaguely fitting

i cant account for the 1844 date tho

any ideas

also
isnt there some killer zoomable map of germany available to
zero in on this better than multimap does