Subject: Re: (unknown)
Date: Jun 16, 2004 @ 01:58
Author: aletheiak ("aletheiak" <aletheiak@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman <
mikekaufman79@y...> wrote:
> Yes, it is unknown if yahoo, who effective today
> upgraded free users' mailbox capacities to a whopping
> 100 megabytes, will carry this generosity over to
> yahoo groups and up our storage capacity.
>
> --- aletheiak <aletheiak@y...> wrote:

> http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

well i guess one way for this to become known
is for us to test the message stacking capacity again
& compare our result against the last time we tried it

so for my part
i will pick up from where i just left off
dropping 21 km back down the mekong while still searching for cnlamm

fortunately this vietnam era topo turned up just in the nick of time
http://www.nexus.net/~911gfx/vietnam/maps/nf47-12/nf47_12c.html

the elusive tripoint position can be seen clearly at lower left
at the dark black dashed line tee junction
in the fat blue albeit unlabeled mekong river
just below the confluence of a much thinner blue but named nan la ho

yet even more fortunately
this is just one of a complete set of zoomable laos topos
http://www.nexus.net/~911gfx/laos.html

which means we have not only cnlamm now but all 4 of the other laos
tripoints too

lammth or the golden triangle
http://www.nexus.net/~911gfx/vietnam/maps/nf47-15/nf47_15h.html
at upper left just above ban sop ruak

khlath
http://www.nexus.net/~911gfx/vietnam/maps/nd48-07/nd48_07e.html
at upper right near phou denmuang

khlavn at the tip of the the parrots beak
http://www.nexus.net/~911gfx/vietnam/maps/nd48-08/nd48_08c.html
at middle right just northwest of norking

& finally & most fortunately of all
cnlavn
http://www.nexus.net/~911gfx/vietnam/maps/nf48-05/nf48_05a.html
at bottom right marked khoanglaxan 1865m

for what is so nice about this last one is that we have actually been
looking for it for over a year now
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BoundaryPoint/message/9805
& we get a much needed confirmation here not only of the mountain peak
despite a slight spelling variation in its name
but also of the geocoordinates

& what is so especially nice about the whole set is that it gives all
the indochina tripoints in a single resource

& curiously enough
just as all the land tripoints of north america are guatemalan
so all those of southeast asia are laotian

well thats about all i can think of saying about this for now
except that all of vietnam & cambodia plus a good deal of thailand are
also available at the same site

but other than for lammth
no pix have turned up yet for any of these

so anyway maybe someone could add something just to keep this message
growing

as you know
it doesnt even have to be pertinent