Subject: Re: competing "Factbooks"
Date: Jun 10, 2004 @ 22:06
Author: geoh88 ("geoh88" <geoh88@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002" <orc@o...>
wrote:

> nor do i think the iso lists are equivalent to the cia factbook in
any
> real way
> except perhaps in the completeness of their scope

If you take the table of contents of the Factbook, and eliminate the
few listings for the oceans and the world, you're left with an
alphabetical (except for Taiwan) list of their version of what does
and does not deserve a separate listing as a first order
geopolitical unit of the world, each of which gets a map, and
standard package of data, including BOUNDARIES.

> & asking if anyone can make butter out of air
> you may or may not be surprised & delighted by what you get

Mmmmmmmmmm, butter! Now you made me hungry.