Subject: Re: maritime tripoints
Date: Jun 09, 2004 @ 23:18
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "geoh88" <geoh88@y...> wrote:
> I remember a recent reference to a list of maritime tripoints
> contained in a message from long ago.
> I'm going (more) nuts trying to find it.
> Can anyone help me with the message number of the latest version?

the best census of the eez tripoints both actual & theoretical
tho not technically a list
is in the bp file entitled
international boundaries xls
where as many as 338 or 342 or 346 sea tripoints are given
in column e

those totals were subsequently discussed in messages 6405 & 6413 & 6415
especially in terms of nailing down the few loose ends among them
but i dont believe these were ever completely resolved

a try at an actual list was made in message 247
but this was crude & lame by comparison with the later census

still
checking & coordinating & refining these 2 tries
if it doesnt make you as nuts as it did us
may be the best available route to where you apparently want to go

however there is no known breakdown between actual & theoretical ones

territorial sea tripoints are much rarer than eez tripoints
& the latest try at a roundup of these
conducted in messages 1768 & 1773
came up completely empty at the time
tho some very few have been created since
while a small but unknown number of theoretical ones still await
actualization