Subject: Re: Campobello-type islands
Date: Jun 08, 2004 @ 01:58
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

> You doubt that out of the 130+ adjacent continental coastal
maritime
> boundaries that we cannot find even one more Campobello
clone???

well it is just that such a thing would most likely have been
reported here already if it actually existed

the present & recent campobello flurries for example were not
our first such

> > but of course you could keep refining or redefining your quest
> > entirely out of existence too
> > until you can finally declare campobello a topological
singularity
> > on some grounds or other
>
> Not my intention at all. Campobello needs playmates.

& so why not britain & penon

> I would be very interested to learn more about what you call
> a "causeway" from Moroccan soil to Penon de Velez de
Gomera, because
> from what I have read, I visuallized it more as a long skinny pile
> of boulders, not appropriate for vehicles. Can you point me to
> photo or recent description of it?

it is just a no mans beach you can drive across
if you can ever get there

message 6832 is a good start tho we have seen better pix than
these

> Gulf of Thailand - Phu Quoc - belongs to Vietnam - might be 40
or 50
> kms from Vietnam mainland, but looks to be quite close to
Cambodia.
> If it is bridged to Cambodia, that's a Campobello-type.
>
> Eastern Andaman Sea - all those tiny islands clustered near
the
> Myanmar-Thailand border - is it possible that one of them is
bridged
> only once, the "wrong" way?
>
> Actually, I was thinking that someone might already have a
mental
> list of these ready to share. Guess not.

well it would be nice if more did turn up
& your list of possibilities to check is interesting in itself
so maybe you will get lucky & find one

perhaps a tiny bamboo gangway with rope railings somewhere
that has miraculously escaped our notice