Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Campobello-type islands
Date: Jun 07, 2004 @ 19:44
Author: Jesper Nielsen ("Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@...>)

As a matter of fact, that's what alot of people ask around here, too.

The bridge has never really been a succes, as most people travelling to Sweden travel up north. Going accross the bridge would not only be a detour as you must go south before going north. It's also much more expensive, and slower. Three ferry companies do the trip, keeps the price down, and waiting time minimal.

A bridge link between Helsingør and Helsingborg would make much more sence.

But, the plan for to create a commercial region binding Copenhagen, the largest Scandinavian city, with Malmö, the third largest Swedish city. It's called the Oresunds Region (http://www.oresund.com/oresund/welcome2.htm)

Personally, I like Malmö. Things are cleaner and cheaper than Copenhagen. And it's nice to browse in different shops than here. But, to pay 460 DKK (62 EUR) for a return ticket  - that stops me, and many more people. I would go on special rates trips like Sweden by boat (Helsingør-Helsingborg) and back by the bridge.

So Lowell, it's a very good question.

Jesper