Subject: aocg & euru was Re: Sastavci
Date: Jun 05, 2004 @ 01:21
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

hi gio
not sure exactly what you mean by current border arrangement
but details of the angola congo brazzaville border alignment &
markers documents etc as of 1970 at least are given in
http://www.law.fsu.edu/library/collection/LimitsinSeas/IBS105.pdf
in case that is useful

cabinda is not actually inside either of the congos tho
but is wedged between them both
& thus even shares a tripoint with them
http://home.worldonline.dk/jesniel/border/african_tripoints.htm
7th item

& we know russia has been seeking special easements for
travel across the new eu to & from kaliningrad
& there have been reports of attempts to streamline the former
otherwise unwieldy arrangements with special paperwork etc
but i believe nothing definite has yet been reported here on this
& nothing at all since the new border regime began last month

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Regio da cruz Salu
<regiodacruzs@y...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does someone know current border arrangement in:
>
> 1. Russian exclave of the Kaliningrad after Poland and
Lithuania (the surrounding countries) joined the EU

> 2. Angolan exclave of Cabinda inside DR of Congo?
>
> Regards,
>
> Gio
> Brendan Whyte <bwhyte@u...> wrote:
>
> >From: "kontikipaul"
> >Subject: Re: Sastavci (BH enclave in Serbia)
> >
> >As a former UN peacekeeper in Sarajevo for 2 years there
were hundreds of
> >'enclaves' littered around former Yugoslavia. Republika
> >Srpska (serb republic) is an ethnic area of BiH that is in
contrast to the
> >rest of Bosnia (Croat and Muslim federation).
> >
> > The enclave of Croatia that allows Bosnia to have sea
access,
> > (Dubrovnik) I thought was the last true, delineated enclave.
Parts
> >of Kosovo now have Serb enclaves that will be part of Serbia
and
> >Montenegro sooner or later.
>
> Let me clarify:
> an enclave is a part of one country (or other political unit)
**totally**
> surrounded by another. It is not an 'ethnic enclave', nor a part of
one
> country surrounded by more than one other country, or a
coastal fragment.
> Certainly the enclave of Sastavci is not mentioned by Catudal
because
> a) the border in question was internal, not international, until
c.1990, and
> b) Sastavci doesn't appear to have existed as an enclave until
1990 at any
> level. I have Yugoslav maps from the 1940s to 1970s that
show Sastavci as
> and integral and connected part of BH.
>
> Thus most of what you describe as 'enclaves' are not in fact
such because
> they are not political units, they have a coast (ie Dubrovnik), or
more
> than one neighbour, etc. They might be popularly termed so in
the press,
> but I am using the word enclave in the technical geographical
sense.

> Several recent maps now show Sastavci as a disconnected
part of BH embedded
> in Serbia, ie the Serbians have somehow, somewhen
acquired the land between
> Sastavci and the rest of BH, thus enclaving it. The border is not
shown as
> in dispute, claimed etc, but as a distinct line. The question of
the
> ethnicity of the inhabitants (and whether this differed between
pre 1990 &
> currently) is a completely separate issue.
>
> My question is on what basis are these maps showing this
boundary: has
> there been some interim/final agreement that has established
the enclave?
> If so, what/when (and then why) are these?
> and does the enclave currently still exist, given previous talk of
a land
> exchange.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

> Yahoo! Messenger - Communicate instantly..."Ping" your
friends today! Download Messenger Now