Subject: Re: Four seasons quadropoints
Date: Jun 03, 2004 @ 12:51
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

tho their exact times vary from season to season & year to year
each of the 4 moments of planetary seasonal progression that
occurs in the course of each annual cycle
happens simultaneously everywhere on earth

these 4 special changes are not like any common witching or
twitching hour
such as midnight on new years eve
which sweeps westward across the face of the earth in 24 hourly
stagger steps
perhaps with a few extra lurches for some local variations

nor btw could these astronomical changes have anything to do
with setting clocks back or forward for daylight savings time
even if such an adjustment were synchronized with an equinox
or a solstice

nor can ones experience of these astronomical seasonal
progressions be altered in any way by changing ones position
eastward or westward
whether in relation to a time zone border or otherwise

instead
at these 4 precise universal moments only
everyone on earth is
however fleetingly
in at least 2 seasons
the old & the new
while all who happen to be on the equator are in 4 seasons
the old & the new in both hemispheres north & south

thus everywhere on the equator is in 4 astronomical seasons at
4 variable & fugitive moments every year

what i think jesper may have been thinking of is that a person
observing say the danish meteorological seasonal change while
standing at a time zone border on the equator would be
experiencing 2 different danish civil meteorological seasons
say spring & summer at midnight june 1
plus
2 different planetary or astronomical seasons
in fact still spring & fall at that moment & for about 3 more weeks

& no winter of any kind yet

this makes a danish apple & global pineapple pizza
with 3 slices at most
& the 2 different toppings on no more than 1 of these

a slice of spring with danish meteorological & northern
hemispherical topping
& a slice of summer with danish meteorological topping only
& a slice of autumn with southern hemispherical topping only

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=129ubikuc/M=295196.4901138.60713
> > 05.3001176/D=groups

/S=1705126166:HM/EXP=1086205747/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=295196.4901138.6071305.3