Subject: Re: Eilat
Date: May 30, 2004 @ 22:55
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen"
<jesniel@i...> wrote:
> I would fancy a holliday to Eilat, which would mean new border
crossings for me:

> EGIL and ILJO, and a class e EGILJO, and JOSA does not
seem too far away.

(http://www.nicolette.dk/hitlist/borderhitlist1.php)
> EGIL and ILJO are fairly popular crossings, but going down to
JOSA has not been done.

> Why?
>
> Jesper

good question

ibs number 60 explains the entire josa alignment is sheerest
desert with maybe a pipeline the most interesting thing on it

& the coastal plain on the gulf of aqaba is very narrow
so there is no paradise just there like eilat or taba or aqabah

& the josa west terminal point was unknown at that time
except as
exactly 300 meters south of some lost police station
& maybe still is

however
it was always approximately known
just neglected

& as for your unasked question
about egjosa
i believe it is a still hypothetical equidistance tripoint
in the middle of the gulf of aqaba
at very roughly nlat 29d22m & elong 34d54m
& directly opposite a possibly archeological feature in egypt
named hashemesh pools

but there are no known pix of even a class d visit