Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: campobello
Date: May 26, 2004 @ 03:16
Author: Doug Murray (Doug Murray <doug@...>)

1.  It was a joke!  It was also clearly labeled as such.  Somebody needs to get
a sense of humor.

2. The Campobello residents who spoke to the journalist who wrote the article
certainly hoped to raise awareness of their problems in Washington, Ottawa, and
elsewhere.  The journalist contacted a provincial legislator and the US
Ambassador for comment, so I think some awareness was raised.  Many thousands of
people read the article.  That's a start.

3. I am NOT a liberal--not even close.  What ever gave you that idea?  I, unlike
some people, do not intentionally spout my politics in non-political groups.  BP
is a very diverse worldwide group.  I respect the rights of all members to their
political opinions, so I don't regale them with mine.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA