Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: BH enclave in YU???
Date: Apr 26, 2004 @ 11:49
Author: Petter Brabec (=?iso-8859-1?q?Petter=20Brabec?= <pete2784west@...>)

I am in posession of Croatian & Bosnian road atlas in 1:300 000 published by Milan Krleza in Croatia, being actually a map production of Feyrtag & Berndt in Austria. The atlas is supposed to be of 2002. In this atlas, there are no exlaves/inclaves to be found, neither in Bosnia nor in Serbia/Montenegro.

"L. A. Nadybal" <lnadybal@...> wrote:
I recall that when the Bosnia war was ongoing, and the U. S. had the
parties in Dayton, Ohio for a peace conference, the Defense Department
set up a video depiction of the geography of Bosnia and the
surrounding portions of ex-Jugo/Yugoslavia.  The parties then drew
borders on the graphic - and hassled out the finalized run of the
border for insertion in the peace treaty - separting Serb parts from
others, to form the states that would be in the confederacy.  The US
government insisted that enclaves be eliminated, as well as any
peculiarities that would hinder non-contiguous ownership of river,
road, rail and power transport.  The U. S. insisted that the parties
agree so that in the future, there would be no more disputes over
assets.  Given that, I doubt very much that there any longer an
exclave or enclave in the area, even rump-Yugoslav pieces that may
have been in Bosnia or Croatia - we had just gotten finished bombing
Serbia (and the poor Chinese embassy in Belgrade) to get them to the
table, so Serbia was in no position to argue over losing an exclave.
By the same token, Bosnia was in no position to argue over Serbia
getting a slice of access land to it's exclave, either.  I'll bet good
money that there's no enclave there now.  Someone could have bought a
map in 2002, but who knows when it was published?

Regards

Len Nadybal

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk"
<smaardijk@y...> wrote:
> In case someone is fluent in Serbian:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/yq28k was the article that I had found back then.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/33rj5 & http://tinyurl.com/2thsd are follow-ups.
>
> I get the impression that this territory exchange (involving not only
> the enclave of Sastavci/Meðureèje, but also part of a railway and two
> hydro-el. power stations) hasn't taken place yet.
>
> Peter S.

Ny versjon av Yahoo! Messenger
Nye ikoner og bakgrunner, webkamera med superkvalitet og dobbelt så morsom