Subject: Re: Czech stones of all kinds -->ATCZDE
Date: Apr 02, 2004 @ 20:37
Author: Peter Smaardijk ("Peter Smaardijk" <smaardijk@...>)

I have seen this funny picture a couple of times now, and the rhyme
going with it. I think it's hilarious. But I do think that the spot
depicted is ATCZDE after all. It's just that they call it Dreisessel,
and that is wrong, because, as you mention, the Dreisessel is
somewhere else (although fairly nearby). It has probably to do with
the drunk _sitting_ there, so the link with Three Seat Mountain is an
understandable one. (I am not saying that this is how the mountain
got it's name, of course ;-))

BTW, the top of the Dreisesselberg isn't even on the border! See
http://tinyurl.com/3x7cb .

Peter S.

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "udo metz" <udomet@g...> wrote:
> > Also, Tripoint drunks, incl. ATCZDE (the drunk was lying around
the
> > old ATCSDE marker - pics from Wolfgang's zip BorderPointEmail
from
> > message 1170):
>

> Dreisessel/Tristolicnik isnt the TP AT-CZ-DE.
Dreisessel/Tristolicnik-Nove
> udoli/Neuthal is the border crossing Nr. 41 (only pedestrian)
between DE an
> CZ. Why is it called Dreisessel/Tristolicnik (three armchairs)??
The legend

http://www.umweltministerium.bayern.de/bereiche/entwick/grenze/uek.htm

> --
> +++ NEU bei GMX und erstmalig in Deutschland: TÜV-geprüfter
Virenschutz +++
http://www.gmx.net/virenschutz