Subject: Re: Jungholz - additional info on markers!
Date: Mar 09, 2004 @ 14:14
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Peter Hering
<hering@m...> wrote:
> It seems like we NEVER ever get finished with this great
place...

> * Peter S. and Ernest B. - I just got an email from Herr
Tauscher
> with some news that might interest you:
>
> * the designation "KT" stands for "Kataster" - it's a geodetic
> ref. point - or survey marker.
>
> "Ve.St." - YES, I think we a l l interpreted this abbreviation
> as "Vermessungsstein" - survey/measurement
stone/marker...BUT:
> it means "Versicherungsstein" - believe it or not!!!
>
> A kind of extra marker/stone to ensure the survey on top of this
> mountain - markers could disappear, be stolen (by
borderfreaks
> perhaps...:-)) and so on...
>
> * we'll make sure you get a fresh report on Sorgschrofen
mountain
> in August when the CEBT visits this place...
>
> anybody interested in joining us...??? Let me know.

all in boss

& happily we still do have somewhere to go & grow here

for you have called the game on our most excellent adventure
which is
to corroborate the square centimeter of absolute truth
& possibly even to find the square millimeter of absolute truth
now that you have shown how we can definitely make such tries

for thus far
our journey to the truth has led us to merely assume & imagine
that the exact boundary crossing point is as indicated by the
cross symbol on marker 110

& this despite its multiple eccentricities

but now the pursuit can be positively advanced
by vermessungsstein or versicherungsstein or kataster
for it is all the same to us in light of the trigonometric exactitudes
we now have for them all
thanx to you
at the bottom of
http://tinyurl.com/ypolb

most poignantly & specifically
for starters
the fact that the reference point on the kt rock is exactly 261
centimeters from the absolute truth of the quadripoint
yikes

so just bring a rigid tape measure & see for yourself & ourselves
whether a 261 centimeter arc centered on the kt center actually
does or actually does not sweep the exact center of the cross
symbol on marker 110

& if it does
then our assumption is at least greatly corroborated

& all that would remain for the present expedition to do is to pay
the most acupunctural visit it can to that symbolic crosshairs

which may mean feeling your way to it with a pointier object than
your finger or eyeball
in such a dark & shadowy groove or valley

for we dont know exactly whats in there
where these symbolic thalwegs meet
unless maybe mats can answer this flat out from memory

but anyway
precisely therein would lie the additional quantum leap between
what is now only a hopefully square centimeter of truth & what
could prove to be an utterly real square millimeter of truth

& both these advances over our present knowlege may actually
emerge here under your guidance

& they would be subject only to the full trigonometric check that
could be made by a later & better equipped expedition
since it is always nice to leave at least something undone for
future generations anyway
so they too can say
it seems like we will never get finished with this great place

however even if we do finish here this time in class aa
happily we still have the far more challenging baarle & bengali
border crosses in our future anyway