Subject: SV: [BoundaryPoint] karabakh enclaves
Date: Feb 27, 2004 @ 15:01
Author: Christian Berghänel (=?iso-8859-1?Q?Christian_Bergh=E4nel?= <christian.berghanel@swipnet.se>)

Hi,

I have copied your map (az-map-detail-sm.jpg) (I hope this is ok?) and marked the enclaves from Peter's list, however I am not entierly sure I am correct. See image: AZ-MAP~2.jpg

A - in the extreme n.w. part of NK
B - near the Byoyuk Kirs mountain  (this I am not sure of)
C - in the extreme s. part of NK
D - Approx. 12 km north or east of Krasnyy Bazar. I have marked D1 & D2 because your finding of the smaller one nearby (from http://www.home.pages.at/maxifant/Frames/R.Karabakh-SE-fizuli.jpg)
E - Approx. 17 km south of enclave B  (?)
F - Approx. 10 km s.e. of the Azeri town of Agdam

Also, I have marked G and H.
G - the tiny enclave in west of Agdham (that you added as attachment) (this can be seen at http://mapy.mk.cvut.cz/data/Azerbajdzan-Azerbaijan/K-38-142.jpg in square 48/50-34)
H - I do not know if this is something. In my "Soviet atlas" (Atlas Avtomobilnich Dorog, Minst 1996) it seems like an enclave in the absolute north of NK. See "KARABACH.jpg" (sorry for the poor quality - taken by my mobile camera). You can also se this at http://mapy.mk.cvut.cz/data/Armenie-Armenia/all/S.Karabakh-NE.gif. I have copied a small part of that map, see "NEW-1.jpg". At http://mapy.mk.cvut.cz/data/Azerbajdzan-Azerbaijan/K-38-130.jpg you can see a different map of this area. I have copied a small part from this one, see "NEW-2.jpg". Here I found a VERY tiny area that might be an enclave. What do you think?

I am sorry for attaching these huge files, however I think it is easier to explain that way.

Best wishes,
Christian Berghänel
Sweden