Subject: Re: New territory
Date: Feb 20, 2004 @ 19:45
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Meynell <knm@m...> wrote:

> >but is this ax worthy of being a bp diglyph
> >like when would we even have occasion to use it in a hexaglyph
>
> I don't know (yet), but people can't even try if they're unaware of
it's
> existence!

ok & bravo
for now you have put yourself or someone to the exceedingly delicious
& challenging task of finding a multipoint that you could use this
new ax to name or split

now it isnt likely to produce even a wet triprovincial point with any
other provinces of finland
as you can gather here
http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/europe/finland_pol96.jpg

& i dont think ax could be present in the eefise eez tripoint at all
say as a doubly delineated
eefise2axyyzz
along with its estonian county & swedish municipal counterparts

not at all likely

so i believe the only chance ax might have to appear in any of our
tripoint code names would be not in any hexaglyph proper but only in
the technical names of the trimunicipal points that fall within it
as for example in this format
fi2ax3xxyyzz

that is
assuming aland is still ax when considered part of finland
rather than a separate iso digraph
etc

however
aland apparently isnt ax at all in that case
oops
but rather al
or so it seemed to this compiler as of this recent compilation
http://www.statoids.com/ufi.html

so even if someone finds the map of the municipalities of aland that
will show tripoints within this province
as i expect they will
i think it will still be exceedingly challenging to find a way to use
this new ax word in any strictly meaningful multipointing sentence