Subject: Re: info on 2 Austrian tripoints
Date: Feb 19, 2004 @ 19:37
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Peter Hering <hering@m...>
wrote:
> Hello BP -
>
> conc. Mike D's comments on these tripoints:
>
> 1- At Ch Li S +
> 2- At Ch It...
>
> I've made some research and send you these attachments:
> btw, just to make sure, these "attas" will be added to BP's
> files during the weekend....!
>
> 1- picture of "Naafkopf" with some French text about having
> fun walking around the tripoint.. shouldn't be too diffult
> to climb...
>
> 2- map of Tp At-Ch-It...which shows the distance between
> PizLat, where the great 360 degr. pic was taken - and the
> actual tp further north, notice the difference in altitude
> as well,, that makes things easier for us (old) borderfreaks :-))
> (I'm just referring to myself...:-)

good
that settles atchit
& nice going to sidestep this harder cross too

but i still think you may have a nice cross to climb for atchlis
of which your pic here is apparently only a partial view

& if this cross does indeed mark the true tripoint
& if it stands as erect as it appears to stand
then the true tripoint will only see daylight & be visible itself on
the very top surface of this cross

of course that would be the almost impossible ideal
as well as the fulfillment of a quest for the most sublime tripoint

but it will be even more interesting to learn what you actually find