Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Israel Army Proposes to Create Enclaves
Date: Feb 12, 2004 @ 16:35
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

Michael,

You've almost got it.

Not only the physical substance of the MXUS bridges, but also persons and
traffic upon them are governed by the established boundary monuments on the
bridges. Anything or anyone not on the bridges (in the air above or on the
ground or water below) is governed by the current location of the middle of the
main channel of the river. This is by the 1970 treaty.

If it were otherwise, the wording on the bridge monuments and signs would be
meaningless to their readers if those readers had to look off the bridge
(perhaps in darkness) and estimate the location of the middle of the river.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA