Subject: Re: Humor on the border
Date: Feb 10, 2004 @ 02:29
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

yeah lets definitely try to be there for this

the western massachusetts electric company dam in turners
falls is whats holding the water level up so artificially high

& since this is part of a permanent 20 mile hydro power reservoir
the dam releases must be rather rare

so i suppose the boundary maintenance commission will either
have to command a special dam release or else take advantage
of an improbably scheduled one

but i wonder if the electric company even projects such release
dates very far in advance
or whether they would divulge them if they did

it would be better
i would think
to take our cue directly from the boundary commission
as to their projected manhvt visit date
since the dam release in this case will be their problem
& for once not ours to worry about

all we really need to do is find out when these commissioners
are planning to be there
& then meet them there

heck they might even be planning a little ceremony for this baby

so why dont we just keep an eye out for the mentioned survey
leaders
bob mcnab & paul hodge
around the time of the mentioned spring startup

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "jparsell"
<jparsell@n...> wrote:
> EMAIL THIS EmailAny chance the date for dropping the water
level at manhvt
> can be posted in advance
> so that some of us can be there?
> Jack

been
> verified.
>

> article reports all nhvt rocks will be recovered &
serviced
> this year
> presumably including a rare exposure to daylight of
the
> manhvt mud turtle
>

> Click the following to access the sent link:
>
> Humor on the border*
>

> Get your EMAIL THIS Browser Button and use it to
email
> information from any Web site.
>

> *This article can also be accessed if you copy and
paste the
> entire address below into your web browser.

http://www.cmonitor.com/stories/news/state2004/nne__bordertr
adition_15_2004.