Subject: Re: Witness markers
Date: Feb 07, 2004 @ 19:46
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

i am still puzzled why such indirect demarcation would be used on
completely dry land

& also what makes these particular markers into witness markers
rather than normal definitive boundary markers

did the terrain preclude the use of direct markers

also what kind of directions are given & where are they given to get
you from the witness markers to the actual boundary points they purport
to witness

& beautiful you certainly have attained here in multuplicate mats
no doubt about it
what a trip
but i am just trying to understand the meaning of this word for witness
& whether it is the same or different from the word for witness in the
american usage of witness monument

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Ernst Stavro Blofeld <