Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] jerusalem
Date: Jan 11, 2004 @ 15:12
Author: Asher Samuels (Asher Samuels <asher972@...>)

--- chris schulz <23568@...> wrote:
> hi,
>
> did we talk about the israeli exclave before?
> http://www.argo-navis.com/kibbutz/jerusalem.gif
>
> on the map you can also see a jordanian enclave.
> whats the story about it?
>
> regards, chris

Let's see if I can answer this without starting a fight :-)

There was an area on Mt. Scopus that was an Israel exclave from 1948-1967.
Much of the hill was a demilitarized zone. I'm not familiar with a Jordanian
enclave - it might refer to the Jordanian part of a demilitarized zone.

These days there's an enclave of a different sort in the south of Jerusalem.
Kibbutz Ramat Rachel is surrounded on all sides by Jerusalem, but it's not part
of the city. A friend of mine found out about this the hard way when he got
married there.

Asher