Subject: Re: Texas panhandle - 3 miles into New Mexico(?)
Date: Jan 05, 2004 @ 15:15
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

crystal river fl

hahahahaha
well i slept on this one too you guys
even as you were discussing it
& even tho it was a no brainer

i mean i slept not on the question but on the freakin nmtx line itself

somewhere between roswell & abilene

with my head in texas & my heart in new mexico

& not only because i was heading east anyway

& this was only friday night
as part of my greater new years weekend 2004 inaugural tour
from the northwest coast of the usa to the northwest coast of florida

still technically a prolongation of the fall 2003 try pointing season
you may recall
in the only bp mobile unit still remaining in the field

last night i slept on my regular perch here at ozello

& saturday night i catnapped in iota louisiana

& thursday somewhere in arizona i think
yikes it is all such a blur
after being denied entrance to nevada new years eve
by donner pass itself

it is a long story
& not my first inaugural tour
nor the first time i have ever slept on a state line

& there is so much to tell
i dont know where to begin
as you see

i will give the main highlight tho
a complete tour of texas farm road number 2004
in a separate message to come

but let me just say my nmtx sleep was so fine
it has inspired me to return to kytnva
the first tripoint of this journey
you may also recall
where i might actually sleep on a tripoint

yes
so far as i know
tho there have been reports of dancing & sex etc etc
no one has ever actually entered the dream state on a tripoint
anywhere

& this can probably only be done at kytnva
where there is a uniquely flat surface & night access
not to mention the roof again

so there you have my tripoint du jour & the object of my next try

but of course not until after margaritaville

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "bjbutlerus" <bjbutler@b...>
wrote:
> None.
>
> --- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "voit1" <voit1@a...> wrote:
> > I have recently read several articles about New Mexico's belief
that
> > the Texas panhandle encroaches into New Mexico's territory
because of
> > a faulty survey. There is little doubt that the state line is
> > shifted to the west off the line of longitude...What chance does
New