Subject: Re: CY boundary crosses
Date: Dec 17, 2003 @ 22:37
Author: orc@orcoast.com (orc@...)

so it appears you are indicating in at least 1 case a later border
has crossed & trumped an earlier one

which in itself is not so strange
especially in situations of conquest or colonization

& in at least 1 case
possibly the same case
the historic boundary is now being invoked by 2 different parties for
different political purposes

which in itself is also not all that strange

but when the past & the possible combine to practically equal or even
overwhelm the present reality
well i would agree such an intersection is or would be a bit unusual

but then too
dont you think it is probably just the old interethnic lines
reasserting themselves once again
over the frozen military landscape
now that they can
or even must

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jesper Nielsen" <jesniel@i...>
wrote:
> The Brits did made such promises, but the maps I have of Cyprus are
well
> before the UN Cyprus peace plan. And they all show this boundary
line.

> Jesper

Areas