Subject: Re: FW: [roadgeek] 5-county points?
Date: Dec 11, 2003 @ 17:42
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Brendan" <pit.hokie@a...>
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> From another list, this question has been posed. I don't remember
> discussing it here. Anyone know the answer? :)
>
> Thanks,
> Brendan
> Monroeville, PA USA

well there is an octapoint in sweden called oktahatko
with a knockout rock on it shaped like a hat
possibly an octacounty or octamunicipal
tho i am not sure
discussed deliciously & at length between messages 8905 & 8981

& our expedition to the glhemaokpa quinticounty point in the heart of
lake okeechobee
the national & global maxipoint itself by some calculations
begins with message 1324 & keeps rocking til about 1616

of course the greatest known conjunction
tho now putatively a ghost
is or was the sexinational hendecapoint arauclfrgbnz
aka the south pole

> Somewhat related: Raleigh has an intersection called "Five Points",
but
> there are really Six directions one can go -- either way on Glenwood
> Avenue
> (a.k.a. US-70), either way on Fairview Road, and one "point" each
for
> Whitaker Mill Road, and Glenn Avenue.. On the other side of the
coin,
> Raleigh also has a road called "Six Forks Road", named originally
after
> the
> crossroads of Six Forks, now part of north Raleigh. But try as I
may, I
> can
> only count Five Forks at that location -- either way on Six Forks,
> either
> way on Strickland Road, and one "prong" for Baileywick Road (which
is
> really
> even a separate intersection, though it may have been different long
> ago),
> A subdivision off of Six Forks Road, but not near old Six Forks
itself,
> has
> two streets that play on that road's name -- they have Six Spoons
and
> Six
> Knives Roads -- really just short cul-de-sacs.
>
> -- John Attamack
> Raleigh, NC
>

> Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cnbmcvq/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=