Subject: Re: Four Color Maps
Date: Dec 10, 2003 @ 20:57
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> I'm going to de-clutter, and then respond below:

international
> boundaries of the United States in the Great Lakes or any other
body of water
> traversed by such boundaries."

yes maybe
but as you also indicate
washington had already extended its seaward boundaries to the
international boundaries of the usa upon its admission to the union

so i think it didnt qualify as a state that had not already done so

it does appear to qualify however as a state whose seaward boundaries
were subject to reduction by the sla in 1953
say
just like those of atlantic florida were
which i believe actually did get reduced from 9nm to 3nm

tho my bible is out in the truck as usual

so in view of this apparent exception
as well as my sense that the question hasnt actually been resolved
yet for washington
i will hold out for better proof
or rather any actual proof at all

like say
as clear a judicial opinion as we do have for florida

> > wish i could see the missing final illustration tho
> > since the text & caption suggest it may elucidate the position of
the
> > elusive lamsus tripoint
> > one of the last few blank spots among the 85 american tripoints
that
> > have been confirmed to exist
>
> I will look into the SCOTUS decree on the Mississippi seaward
boundary and see
> if I can deduce an exact point for the LAMSUS tripoint. From the
Official Map