Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] mxn trip?
Date: Dec 10, 2003 @ 01:44
Author: Victor Cantore (Victor Cantore <drpotatoes@yahoo.com>)

Adam,

I visited this spot about a year ago and granted i am
not terribly interested in finding the 'exact' point
but love knowing i am looking at 3 entities at the
same time.

Access is easier from the mexican side, the people
wont bother you in algodones and are used to tourists.
as anywhere on the border watch out for crime. lock
your car, dont take valuables, etc. the border
attracts desperate people.

cross the border into algodones and it is easy to find
your way. you do have to go over a few dirt roads. the
tram there is interesting since one tower is in us
territory and the other on mexican territory; the
border patrol informed me it was for dept of
agriculture or something like that. If you approach
from the us side you might be disappointed. there's a
lot more to see from algodones.

also since you are going to be there drive 20 miles
south to azbcson. you can either cross back to the us
and drive south through yuma if you are not
comfortable driving in mexico or you can drive south
from algodones. you do have to pay a toll (10 pesos)
and again the best approach is from with in mexico.
park your car and walk up the very thin bridge and
snap a photo or two, that is, if you can stomach the
traffic. people here aren't as used to tourists as in
algodones as all the retired people go there to buy
their prescriptions.

i'll attach 3 photos, first one is azcaba (bc looking
into ca) second is bc looking into az, the third is
azbcson from son.

good luck

vc