Subject: Re: Plate Tectonics and Lat/Long boundaries
Date: Nov 13, 2003 @ 16:35
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

> Incidentally, the recent approval of 'CS' as the new code for
Serbia and
> Montenegro has caused a huge row as it was formerly used for
> Czechoslovakia. Apparently many references to it still exist, and
it seems
> likely that it'll have to be withdrawn.

hot dang
& you may recall i not only invented the preposterous crna srpa & cs
but also predicted this exact demise for it too

now what will they ever name that beast

this btw from heber springs ar
& i hope they are hot ones too

playing with the full deck yesterday on route 52 was so rewarding
i couldnt pass up an opportunity to do an encore today
so i am now in process of getting the whole 2 bits worth of route 25
from black rock all the way to
i have no idea where yet

& just to follow thru
when i finally asked the librarian in caruthersville about info re
the birthplace of the bootheel
she was by then so bent on closing down & going home
she practically stomped on my question

so we will have to be satisfied with what bus&ss says for now

but come to mention it
i am still reeling from yesterdays realization that the headland to
headland regime for mdva reported by this normally reliable usgs
publication is contradicted by also normally reliable usgs mapping

so in pursuit of certainty
especially in view of the conflict
i would still like to see original citations for this odd situation
on mdva before i am satisfied

& on mdwv too
if indeed the same odd rule also obtains there

cant take anything for granted in this game