Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Plate Tectonics and Lat/Long boundaries
Date: Nov 13, 2003 @ 04:05
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

The general principal of boundary demarcation is that once a boundary is marked upon the landscape and accepted by the sovereign parties involved, it remains as marked.  This is regardless of any imperfections in the survey or of any more accurate surveys that might be done using more advanced methods that subsequently become available.  I'm sure that it would also be regardless of continental drift, which is so slow as to be inconsequential.

I'll leave your question about national abbreviations to someone else.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA