Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: Oklahoma / Texas Border - River Borders
Date: Nov 06, 2003 @ 17:44
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

You are correct that the compact's OKTX does require a lurch or stitch to reach
the AROKTX tripoint, but I would argue the matter this way:

The southern terminus of the AROK boundary was always subject to movement
northward and southward (nominally) as the vicissitudes of the south bank of the
Red River required. When the compact took effect, the existing "approximate"
OKTX moved slightly southward to the vegetation line. I would conclude that the
practical effect is that the "stitch" from the vegetation line to the tripoint
would have to align with the accepted AROK boundary (nominally north-south, but
slightly deviant nevertheless). This is the only interpretation that would make
any practical sense in the event of any future adoption of a similar vegetation
line boundary by compact between Arkansas and Texas.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA