Subject: Re: miscellaneous star gazings
Date: Nov 05, 2003 @ 14:46
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

good point
i thought of that too
& cant settle it

the plaque was written from the viewpoint of the indians
& even gave the indian name for the brandywine etc
but it could have been an extravagant miscomprehension by the
historian

lowells baton rouge & many other indications of indian
territoriality & indian frontiers do exist
but this was the first indian boundary stone
the first actual border rock monument per se
i had ever heard of

admittedly my noticing & mentioning this stone on the first bounce
off the stargazers stone was more of a play on words than on
realities tho
since there is no indication of the breadth of the territory
unless it is the entire upper brandywine valley understood
clear to the ridge lines

but if that is indeed the case
then what we have here is a much more elegant & efficient system of
demarcation than europeans ever developed

its a big if tho

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Flynn, Kevin" <flynnk@r...>
wrote:
> Might be that it was not the Lenape setting themselves off, but
the settlers
> drawing the line for them....

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1
7051261
> 66:HM/A=1754451/R=0/SIG=11tm86fb5/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?
mqso=60178
> 323&partid=4116730> click here
>
> <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?
M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupmai