Subject: Re: Boundaries through urban areas
Date: Nov 01, 2003 @ 15:09
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

just to review what we think we know about this former multipoint

until 1959
when all antarctic claims were suspended & frozen by the
claimants themselves & many other participating countries in
favor of erecting all antarctica & the surrounding seas into the
first de jure everyones land
the point that is commonly called the south pole today was until
then also the actual if multidisputed arauclfrgbnz
pronounced oracle frig bins
a sexinational hendecapoint to be exact
since the overlapping claims of 6 countries
plus 2 slices of still merely de facto everyones land
produced a ragged but actual 11 slice pie about this center point

& last i noticed
the frogs & brits & kiwis have maintained their principled stance

but the south americans & ozzies seem to have variously
reneged on their territorial disavowals
to pursue what amounts to irredentist claims

so to get the full picture
one may have to imagine a megaplex de jure multipoint ghost
hovering superimposed upon a much simpler but living de facto
multipoint

& since that still doesnt add up to a legally real multipoint
even if it had a roof over it
it could not legally answer the original question

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk"
<bronto@p...>
> wrote:
> > > there is actually an entire tripoint under a single roof
somewhere

> > Is there a building at the multipoint of Antarctic claims?
> >
> > --
> > Anton Sherwood, http://www.ogre.nu/
> It doesn't look like it.

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/islands_oceans_poles/southpol