Subject: Re: Guess What is New --> tp marker points
Date: Oct 31, 2003 @ 23:27
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

ahh in that case i think what you probably have there is an older
undimpled tri town monument
on which the position of the tripoint can nevertheless still be
inferred as the center of the top face
assuming the rock is still fully erect

& it seems this rock has subsequently attracted a disc marker
from a survey which
tho its specific purpose is admittedly unclear
cant just be presumed to trump & displace the center of the
stone for most authoritative tripoint position

& this even in the teeth of the fact that that center is bare

but more to the point might be to learn what the essex county
street line per se is
or what kind of commission attached the disc to the rock
etc

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Michael Kaufman