Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Yugo exclave in London used again.
Date: Oct 19, 2003 @ 12:35
Author: Kevin Meynell (Kevin Meynell <knm@...>)

Len,

>The US traded warships to England in return for territory in the British
>run colonies under the Realm in the Carribean.

I believe that some territory in the Pacific was also ceded to the US
during WWII in exchange for ships.

>By the way, there are works in progress for another givaway - the UK is
>contemplating relinquishing sovereigty over parts of it's realm in Cyprus

I haven't seen any details as to exactly which areas would be relinquished,
but the UK Government has announced that it would amount to 35 square miles
in the Dhekelia SBA, and 10 square miles in the Akrotiti SBA (out of a
total of 99 sq. miles). This would be mostly farmland and villages - 10% of
which would be transferred to the Turkish zone, and the rest to the Greek
zone. However, the offer is only valid upon reunification of the island.

Regards,

Kevin Meynell