Subject: Re: Four Corners-type clubs?
Date: Oct 02, 2003 @ 18:52
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

well now it looks like youve got the whole british news tour
covered not once but twice over
first semicardinally yourself & now cardinally too
a difficult & i think unprecedented assemblage
setting a new & more comprehensive standard of extremism

by chance i had previously identified & visited nearly all of the
dozen most obvious extremities of texas
but could never quite contemplate its double news tour as you
have done so well with britain
for lack of any clearly identifiable northernmost point of texas
as well as owing to its superfluity of semicardinal points
yikes
etc
so that exercise never culminated so well as yours has now
& i think you are setting us an excellent example here

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Meynell
<knm@m...> wrote:

> >no minor or partial accomplishment
>
> I'll see if I can dig out some photos of my visits to these
extremities,
> although I well remember there was thick fog the day I visited
Cape Wrath
> and I could barely see the sea below!
>
> >whether you hit all your points by actually twinkling your toes
at low
> >tide or not
>
> I did so at Land's End in the days before the spoilsports
decided it was
> too dangerous to let people climb down to the foreshore. On
the day I went
> to Lizard Point, there was a Force 10 gale rolling in from the
Atlantic and
> it was more a case of the sea twinkling me than the other way
around.

> Cape Wrath has sheer 120-metre cliffs, and you'd probably
need to be a
> skilled climber to reach the sea (see
> http://www.durness.org/cape%20wrath.htm). It's not advisable
to try and use
> a different route to reach the bottom, because the whole
surrounding area
> is used by the military for bombing practice.
>
> The cliffs at Duncansby Head

(http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/johnogroats/duncansby
head/) and
(http://www.btinternet.com/~k.trethewey/dunnet_head1.htm) are
> less high, but perhaps even more extreme. Only the sort of
places that
> puffins wish to dip their toes.
>
> Luckily, the sea is extremely easy to reach at Dungeness
(there's a grainy
http://www.dungenesslighthouse.btinternet.co.uk/page4.html),
> although this 'corner' holds less romance in popular
imagination that the