Subject: Re: Four Corners-type clubs?
Date: Oct 01, 2003 @ 19:11
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

welcome frank

you have put your finger on one of our favorite distractions

normally we are riveted on the individual multipoints

but sometimes for a break we do consider extremities
of various sorts
& especially in the ensembles or multiples you are suggesting

& indeed many of us have visited many of the points you name

dont know about definitive lists
tho there are some surprises
like the fact that alaska is actually the easternmost state
etc etc

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "fboosman"
<fboosman@y...> wrote:
> I'm new to the list and hope these aren't impossibly
uninformed
> questions to ask...
>
> Is there a club for people who are trying to (or who have
> accomplished) visiting the four corners (NW-NE-SE-SW) of the
> continental and/or entire US, or the farthest points (N-E-S-W) of
> the continental and/or entire US?
>
> Also, is there a definitive list of these locations? I *think* I
> know of the following:
>
> - Four corners, continental US
> - NW: Cape Flattery, WA
> - NE: Quoddy Head State Park, ME
> - SE:
> - SW: Border Field State Park, CA
> - Four corners, entire US
> - NW:
> - NE: Quoddy Head State Park, ME
> - SE:
> - SW:
> - Farthest points, continental US
> - N: Northwest Angle, MN
> - E: Quoddy Head State Park, ME
> - S: Key West, FL
> - W: Cape Alava, WA
> - Farthest points, entire US
> - N: Point Barrow, AK
> - E: Quoddy Head State Park, ME
> - S: Key West, FL
> - W: South Point, HI
>
> I presume that a definitive list of such places exists
somewhere...