Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Poland-Ukraine: Visa effects
Date: Oct 01, 2003 @ 17:09
Author: Doug Murray (Doug Murray <doug@...>)

This is why I found the Great Baltic Border Expediton so amazing. To
see the changes and to meet real people whose lives will be uprooted by
the new outer EU border. I wonder, for instance, what will happen to
the campground near Vistytis, Lithuania. The shore was in Lithuania,
the lake in Kaliningrad Oblast, Russia. The border runs along the
water line. How will this become an outer EU border?

And can you imagine the changes an elderly person has seen? WW2, the
Soviet Union, the break-up, and now the EU. I find it fascinating...
and I would love to venture back to the Baltics next summer to see the
reality.

Doug