Subject: Re: Questions and comments
Date: Sep 30, 2003 @ 21:08
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

arif

> By the way, I have no idea whether the Bangladeshi
> distrcts or the federal government is in charge of the
> sea water. However, the country claims its
> territorial sea from a baseline as the coastline is
> not very smooth. It is quite likely that the seawater
> within the baseline belongs to the district.

i agree

in canada also at least
& possibly elsewhere in the british commonwealth
the same coastal baselines that separate territorial seas from
internal waters by international law
are also used to separate the federal from the provincial waters
by national law

so in the absence of anything better to go on
i think it is a good bet for bangladesh too
as well as for other countries of similar background

As I