Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] Re: ba2 bosnia & herzegovina punctology & clavology
Date: Sep 27, 2003 @ 21:01
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

There are six pieces.

The Brcko District is not so much a condominium of the other two primary
divisions as it is a third separate entity, governed not so much by either, but
by the national government itself with various local ethnic representation,
etc., etc.

If you will look very carefully at the map in the link that I sent, you can see
that there is a hint of a dashed line along the southwest edge of the Brcko dot,
running between it and the Federation. Poor cartography resulted in the dot
covering most of the line. The Brcko district is bounded by the Federation to
the southwest, by the Serbian Republic to the northwest and southeast, and by
Croatia to the northeast.

When Jesper's sign welcomes one to "Brcko, Bosnia and Herzegovina," the latter
part refers to the nation, not to the federation. Notice that the coat of arms
is that of the nation. The Brcko District is prohibited by the Dayton Accords
from having any flag or coat of arms other than those of the nation itself. Its
seal may have only words, which must be written in both Latinic and Cyrillic
alphabets.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA