Subject: Re: new hope for azerbaijan & the letter a
Date: Sep 21, 2003 @ 16:44
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

a better list & map did indeed turn up
http://www.geohive.com/ed/link.php?xml=az&xsl=xs1
which btw is also interesting for its internal claving implications

& using the earlier map & list below as backup for the gray areas
of which there are still far too many for comfort or confidence
a grand total of either 76 or 77 major subdivisions of greater
azerbaijan now seems most likely

& the difference depends only upon whether the formerly single
nakhichevan unit is replaced or increased by its 6 new districts
a distinction without multipointing consequences
& thus no obstacle to proceeding with the preliminary survey

far greater difficulties however
which leave many uncertainties in the following census
& for which i have only made best guesses
include the facts that the boundaries shown even on the above
improved map are unreadable in places
& that 5 of the urban units evidently have too small a territory to
show up on this map at all

nevertheless
because it is possible to proceed now & allow for improvements
later
just as was the case with the survey of triemirate points in ae2
here is the full list of the 85 currently most likely az2 tripoints
followed at last by the full preliminary tally of the entire letter a

aaleln
abhasb
abhasl
absbsl
acambr
acamxd
acbqfu
acbqzr
acbrzr
acfuxd
ambrta
amkata
amkaxc
amxcxd
arbaha
arhaqo
arqoxi
arsqxi
asbryv
asbrzr
asgyqa
asgyuc
asmiqa
asskyv
asuczr
auhaku
auhasi
auisku
auissi
bahasl
bbjush
bqimzr
brtayv
bsclne
bsimst
bsnesl
bssbsl
bssbst
cbfuxd
cbqdxd
cbqdzg
clmane
clmayr
dsgdsm
dskaxr
dssmxr
dvqbsi
dvqbxz
dvsixi
dvsyxi
gasxxre
gasxxrw
gasxyv
gdsmto
grkata
grkaxr
grsxxr
grtayv
gyisku
gyisqa
gykuuc
hakusb
haqosi
imkusb
imkuzr
imsbst
isqaqb
isqbsi
kalcxc
kuuczr
lcqdxd
lcsuxc
lcsuxd
lelnma
lemayr
lnmane
miogqa
qaqbqr
qbqrxz
qosixi
qxskyv
qxsxyv
smsxto
smsxxr
suxcsd

& finally
the full counts of the major internal multipoints
of the iso alphabetically first 11 of the worlds 193 countries
together comprising the complete letter a
as follows

ad2 andorra 4 including 1 quadripoint
ae2 united arab emirates 13 including 2 condo tripoints
af2 afghanistan 43
ag2 antigua & barbuda 4
al2 albania 11
am2 armenia 10
ao2 angola 18
ar2 argentina 21 including 1 quadripoint
at2 austria 5
au2 australia 12
az2 azerbaijan 85

grand subtotal 226 including 2 quadripoints & 2 condo tripoints

& subject to further minor improvements as previously noted

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "acroorca2002"
<orc@o...> wrote:
> this map
> http://www.azembassy.com
> appears to give the officially complete topology of az2
> including both nakhichevan & nagorno karabakh
>
> other sources have confirmed that the primary subdivisions
include as
> many as 65 districts or rayons as they are called
> plus as many as 11 apparently independent cities
> producing a maximum grand total of 76 primary subdivisional
entities
> all of which happily appear to be named & glyphed at
> http://www.mindspring.com/~gwil/vaz.html
>
> so the first serious task will be just to identify & count them all
as
> they appear on this map
> just to confirm that our punctoscopy will indeed be playing with
the
> full deck as it were
>
> that is
> unless anyone can offer a better map &or a better list in the
meantime

> but the early rushes for now are that az2 doesnt include any
obvious
> megapoints
> while appearing to have only a single remote quadripoint
possibility
> where several borders converge but peter out in mingachevir
reservoir

> so with only that very minor loose end
> i think we can tentatively close the book on megapoints of the
letter a
> having confirmed only the 1 andorran & 1 argentinian
exemplars