Subject: boundary crosses was RE: [BoundaryPoint] Historic geographic anomalies
Date: Jan 02, 2001 @ 02:18
Author: michael donner (michael donner <m@...>)

dear mats

>I have seen the discussions on this list as to what
>constitutes an enclave or an exclave. For example,
>we don't seem to be able to agree upon whether Jungholz
>is an exclave or not. But it certainly is a geographic
>anomaly, isn't it? And a unique and very interesting
>one, too.

actually we have reason to hope it is not unique
for it may prove to be 1 of perhaps 5 similar international boundary crosses
aka binational quadripoints
with probably 1 or 2 or 3 more like it in baarle
& likewise in bengal

now with your & jespers ability to read small measurements in baarle & to
visit the scene relatively easily
you may be the first to positively confirm some of these

i believe one of them may be marked on the ground by a cobblestone cross

good luck & vis tecum