Subject: Re: hooray & thanx john bill &al nice going
Date: Sep 12, 2003 @ 00:34
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> Would somebody please explain this new "gmane" thing?
>
> What the heck is it?
> What does it do?

i am sure i dont know the half of it yet & am still experimenting
but for starters it appears to replicate our bp message board
which would be inconsequential
except it does seem to retain & archive at least some of the
message attachments as promised
tho not jespers plsk jpg for some mysterious reason

& it certainly beats the delivery time of these attachments as
against individual email deliveries
& probably makes subscribing to individual emails for this
purpose no longer necessary
& obviates any need to hand cobble urls &or resort to tinyurl
& it may have a good search engine
tho this is temporarily down
& it may be a good backup & insurance against future yahoo
tsunamis
etc etc

but maybe others can already explain more & better

> Where is it found?

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.culture.discuss.boundary-point
so bookmark that at least
&
tho i havent penetrated this latter facility yet
& the search engine is temporarily down
etc etc
so keep trying & see whats possible & please report any new
discoveries

> What is it supposed to do for us?
>
> Clueless,
>
> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA

attachments
> > as i believe & trust we have also done
> > but it might be nice to take it out for a spin & see what all it
will
> > really do
> >
> > & am seriously considering changing my own home page
from
> > the bp yahoo message board to the bp gmane message
board

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/