Subject: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Re: BoundaryPoint and borders
Date: Sep 05, 2003 @ 22:30
Author: Flynn, Kevin ("Flynn, Kevin" <flynnk@...>)

I guess I simply don't agree with your point that the purpose of BP is
exclusively multi-points on boundaries. The home page clearly does not make
this limitation, and much of the discussion is not multi-point but
boundary-oddity related. What's wrong with that?

The purpose as stated on the home page is for "those slightly strange
individuals who are interested in finding, researching, photographing and
discussing geopolitical boundary points, especially those of a tri-state or
multipoint nature."

See? It is not exclusive to tri-state or multiple point nature, that is
simply as special focus that is frequently discussed -- frankly, because
they typically make for a great part of the potential conflicts.

Now I don't know who you are, if you are the founder of the group or what. I
am a relative newcomer. Perhaps if the intent of the founder was that simple
boundary discussions that are not multi-points would be off-topic, then I
and others here would have to conclude that this was poorly stated. For the
statement of purpose clearly is broader than that. You say below it "doesn't
follow" that because IBRG isn't appropriate to simply boundary discussions,
that BP is. But as I "point" out above, the BP "charter" expressly says that
these discussions are "on point" even if they are not multi-points.

I also have to ask where you are from, for my own understanding, because the
way you write is very confusing to me. Your use of language is rambling and
very difficult to follow. They twist and turn (like OKTX, although in
conformance with what I maintained then, your postings also are not of
infinite length!) So I was wondering if you are from the US or are you from
elsewhere? Just a friendly inquiry.