Subject: Re: BoundaryPoint from the beginning...
Date: Sep 04, 2003 @ 16:12
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Hanrahan"
<hanrahan@k...> wrote:
> In view of the ongoing discussion regarding multipointing and
"plain
> vanilla" boundaries, I thought I should weigh in about BP's
> founding. I'm speaking not as the "list owner" but rather as
> a "custodian". I had originally searched for online discussions
> related to my long held interest in general boundary topics. As
has
> been noted, there was scant discussion of boundary related
topics at
> the time. In the course of looking for boundary-related
information
> on the net, I came across Brian Butler's Corner Corner which
was
> devoted to multipointing...and contained a wealth of
multipointing
> knowledge contributed by Mike Donner as well as Brian. (I
announced
> the formation of the group to Mike the very next day, when we
met to
> investigate the infamous "blue dot" four-county multipoint in
Central
> Florida).

aha the legendary blue dot of laorospo
hahahahaha

I subsequently established BP as a way of providing a
> discussion forum for my long held interest in boundaries, as
well as
> my newly discovered fascination with multipointing. While
> multipointing was highlighted in the aims of the new list, it has
> always been my personal intention to include general
boundary topics
> as well.

well that settles it for me captain

for not only do we now have the original utterance of our founding
father fully reconstructed
but what is even rarer
we even have the luxury of actually knowing what he meant &
intended in the first place

& as our founding mother
hahaha
thats me
for you did ask me to immoderate it & i did agree to do it
i can only marvel at what a fantastic culture we have all created
while flying dual controls with you high above the clouds of it
& i think we should all continue to create it together happily ever
after
each in their most positively individualistic way
since i think we all agree this is already everyones land anyway
& the world truly is a free for all at its very best

so i will continue to fly by our originating principle as i originally
understood it
& i will now also but of course secondarily fly by our original
principle as i now know without doubt you originally meant it

& i think this flight is just divine
in case anybody really wondered

My point? (No pun intended) I would be very happy to see
> pointers and general boundary freaks continue to co-exist in
BP, but