Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] BoundaryPoint and borders
Date: Sep 03, 2003 @ 20:32
Author: Lowell G. McManus ("Lowell G. McManus" <mcmanus71496@...>)

I agree with Jesper.  When I found this group, I was searching Yahoo Groups for a group that discusses boundaries.  If there was none, I was prepared to establish one.  Instead, I found this group and joined it.  I'm glad that I did, and I have learned a great amount.

To me, the topics of multipoints and boundaries are almost inseparable.  After all, how can there be multipoints without boundaries?  If a boundary is poorly demarcated or if it moves, then the multipoint is poorly demarcated or moves.  The same historic, legal, and practical principals apply to both.  Also, since there are more boundaries than multipoints, boundaries are more accessible and more likely to be discussed.

However, if the hierarchy of this group wishes it to remain for multipoints only, and there is a sister group for boundary discussions, I will be glad to subscribe to both.  If a different group is needed, it should be a new group, not IBRG.  IRBG is for those who plan to participate in IRBG expeditions, and the rest of us should not hijack that group.

Lowell G. McManus
Leesville, Louisiana, USA