Subject: Re: NO Government suggests visa free NOFIRU National Park
Date: Aug 25, 2003 @ 18:46
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

yes good thanx you do follow & by all means please do let us
know as soon as you do learn what the minister meant who
seemed to suggest this delightfully airy souffle to you

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Jan S. Krogh"
<jan.krogh@t...> wrote:
> I am not following you, Mike. (It's not the first time ;-)
> The Norwegian minister seems to suggest a visa free area in
the area. I have
> today asked the minister exactly what he meant to say by this.
This idea was
> well welcomed in the Russian camp and will now be
suggested to the Finnish
> side of the table.
> Before the Finns suggested a transboundary cooperation of
protected areas
> which actually probably means that national reserves and
parks are developed
> beyond national borders as one can see on this image.
> My point was to show how the world is changing at this border.
Norwegian
> school children are invited to visit the Russia border zone and
a former
> Russian observation tower is now in use among bird
watchers. When I was at
> this border 15-16 years ago Norwegians travelling to the Soviet
Union were