Subject: Re: lightering
Date: Aug 23, 2003 @ 23:43
Author: m06079 ("m06079" <barbaria_longa@...>)

good deal
sounds like another unadvertised bonus of our new service

would you like to try it out on us before we go so far as to really
jettison anything

& with a little room in the photos section we might even forget
about thinning out the files

at least until it seems important enough to sacrifice anything

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> Here's how to greatly lighten the load in the Photos section
without losing
> anything:
>
> When a member uploads a photo, Yahoo Groups saves three
versions of it:
> thumbnail (for the index page); screen-size (the one that
members can view); and
> full-size (the one the member uploaded). If the file uploaded is
already small
> (in the screen-size range), then only two are saved. Many of
the full-size
> files (as uploaded) are huge, running into hundreds and
thousands of KB. These
> are essentially useless, because only moderators can view
them. However,
> moderators can also delete them, without deleting the
thumbnail and screen-size