Subject: Re: arlatx pic may 1997
Date: Aug 14, 2003 @ 16:05
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

& while we are contemplating wandering monuments
as well as comparing jacks 1991 pic of arlatx
& the rest of his entirely earth moving book
which i hope everyone finds in our files section under parsell pdf
please take a look especially at jacks manhvt pic

there the listing of the rock is owing to no single tree but is
probably due entirely to frost heaving & the sloping ground it is in
& i can attest that its nose dive has even accelerated in more
recent times

one of the beauties of this particular pic is that while jack is
standing erect & visiting the dimple atop the monument with his
right index finger
class a as it were
he is also pointing with his right elbow for a simultaneous class
b visit to what is actually the most presumptive location of the
true but invisible manhvt tripoint itself
which was formerly but no longer truly is marked by that dimple

so i would say manhvt also is definitely worth a periodic revisit to
see if its 8 or 10 foot rock is still even embedded in the ground
because it appears to be just falling down a hill by comparison

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> Thanks for the photo.
>
> You are probably correct. I would not expect any bedrock at all
in this
> location--not within the range of tree roots anyway, much less
within the range
> of monuments.
>
> Lowell G. McManus
> Leesville, Louisiana, USA