Subject: Re: Mexican state trifinium web cam
Date: Jul 23, 2003 @ 19:08
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

staggering hit lowell & well timed too
& yikes our first bp multifirst as well
with all parts as previously dreamt sought &or requested here

first mexican tristate point
first tripoint webcam
& first actually erupting tripoint volcano

yikes perhaps even our first molten visit anywhere
albeit not our first or politically greatest tripoint volcano

& probably not yet our first erupting tripoint
tho that may have been too hot a hot spot to hope for anyway

for it appears from the best available tho still inadequate map
http://tinyurl.com/htf2
that your trifinium may well fall at the exact peak
as i think would tend to be the case with all mountains anyway
& thus in the present case seemingly on the sw edge of the cone
rather than within the cone or anywhere else

so whether the bright area in your pic is the rising sun or the
rising magma
there is a good chance you have mexico state on the left horizon
& puebla state on the right horizon
with the northeast sliver of morelos state slashing upwards to
the peak from the right foreground

& pending better data
that makes it a still speculative but quite probable class d visit
focussed at the visible summit just to the right of the smokestack

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Lowell G. McManus"
<mcmanus71496@m...> wrote:
> You will find at
> www.cenapred.unam.mx/popo/UltimaImagenVolcan2.html
> a web cam view of the trifinium between the Mexican states of
México, Morelos,
> and Puebla.
>
> If the image is black when you look, it's because it is night. If
the image is
> gray, it is because of clouds. As I post this, the image is
exceptionally
> clear. When Popocatépetl erupts, this can be a very interesting
web cam.
> Attached is an image I saved in 2000.
>
> "CENAPRED" is the National Center for the Prevention of
Disasters.