Subject: Re: RE: [BoundaryPoint] Kopaczow (PL) - Oldrichov na Hranicich (cz)
Date: Jul 04, 2003 @ 09:17
Author: Artur Kroc (Artur Kroc <kroc@...>)

> I didn't know Poles and Czechs hated each other so much. I know about
> Poles and East Germans though. Back in 1989 I crossed from Forst (then
> DDR; the wall was still up.) into Zalewski, Poland. (I don't remember
> the exact spelling - sorry!) The East German train terminated in Forst
> and a Polish train connected there. East Germans could not travel into
> Poland at that time.
> Anyway, nobody in the station or the town wanted to give me directions.
> They all acted stupid as if they had no idea where the train came in.
> They simply refused to help. Even the station personnel. Finally I asked
> the superintendent at the station and he told me where to go. I guess he
> was a party member. Plus the locals were really paranoid. And I speak
> fluent German so that wasn't the problem.
> The Poles seemed to have no such hangups though and were very friendly.
> Then again, they could travel anywhere they wanted to.
>
> Just an experience I thought worth relating.
>
> JK.

Hmm
City on polish side is called Zasieki (translation: entanglement, really), but pol-cze conflict I'm not sure...
I travelled Cz wide (I was there more than 30 times) and everybody was friendly. Maybe not everybody, but majority. Remanider remember conflict about Zaolzie http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~sarmatia/196/Hannan.html