Subject: Re: [BoundaryPoint] property straddles border-municipal / county / state / national???
Date: Jul 01, 2003 @ 13:26
Author: John Seeliger ("John Seeliger" <jseelige@...>)

From: Jesper Nielsen
To: BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 12:44 AM

In Denmark you live in the municipality where you bedroom is.

In Baarle (BE/NL) who live in the country where you main door is.

And in Derby Line, US?

Jesper

I was initially tempted to ask, what if you had a door in one and a bedroom in the other, but then I realized with the aforementioned countries, that would be impossible, unless you had a very big house.  So, what is German law?  If Germany is like Denmark, then suppose you have a bedroom in NL, but a door in Germany.  Then you would live in neither country, and presumably couldn't be taxed.  OTOH, if Germany law is like Dutch law, then suppose your door is in Denmark and your bedroom is in Germany.  Again you live in neither.  Somehow though, I think they would both try to tax you.