Subject: Re: Kovno Gubernia Border Marker
Date: Jun 30, 2003 @ 16:46
Author: acroorca2002 ("acroorca2002" <orc@...>)

ahh excuse me peter
i hadnt noticed you arriving with this
when i only thought i was left here alone

hmm
it seems to suggest all those tall barber poles may be a
comparatively recent invention

anyway as far as our moscow on the hudson went
it was indeed the epitome of high security there
& a strange place for someone to visit who had so recently
sworn such strange places off forever

tho electronically searched & helped to empty our own pockets &
constantly under surveillance by various throngs of police of all
descriptions & jurisdictions
we were never actually frisked
so i was able to sneak the blueprint thru inside my shirt like a
regular saboteur as well as a few joints in an inside pocket

en route
the statue of liberty was closed yet still beautiful
as they say our divine right to her is unalienable
& i believe them

anyway our ultimate arrival at ellis island
tho asher & a total of 10 of our direct ancestors had been there
before
marked in the event my completion of the american interstate
exclave trio
& i guessed at first i was one of perhaps 1000 such completers
then rethought it & revised down to 100
to which asher agreed
but now after sleeping on it i have to wonder if there are as many
as 10 who have even noticed all 3 of them
i mean outside of us at bp

more later

--- In BoundaryPoint@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Smaardijk"
<jan.krogh@t...>
> wrote:
> > Hello everybody!
> >
> > Last weekend in Rokiskis museum here in Lithuania I found
an
> internal
> > Russian border marker which has been used prior to 1918
to mark the
> boundary
> > to Kovno Gubernia. It was in a pretty good shape and with the
> imperial
> > Russian crown.
> > Some minutes before I was out of film in my camera...
> >
> > Jan
>
> Mmm... Maybe I can offer you some consolation.
> A nice Russian border marker, complete with coat-of-arms,
from former
> JPRU in another museum (on Sakhalin):
> http://museum.sakh.com/images/photo16.jpg
> Inscription: RUSSIA - BOUNDARY. Clear enough for a
boundary marker.